As we get older in life, many of us tend to get more tired. I’d be willing to bet that some of you reading this take naps during the day, and there is nothing wrong with that. If I weren’t as busy as I am I’d take a nap, too.
I’d also say that if Joe Biden were anyone else other than the “president” who shouldn’t even be in the White House, we might feel sorry for him. For goodness sakes, he’s almost 80 years old and he probably gets run around ragged. He’s too old for this.
I’ll guarantee you that he takes a daily nap or maybe even two on a regular basis. So when he fell asleep at the recent COP26 conference, it’s natural for him, but the leader of our country should be better than falling asleep during the “most important” threat to our world.
Biden appears to fall asleep during COP26 opening speeches pic.twitter.com/az8NZTWanI
— Zach Purser Brown (@zachjourno) November 1, 2021
I know falling asleep when I see it and he was definitely in and out of sleep. That handler probably came up to him to try and make sure that he stayed awake a little bit.
He probably couldn’t get his nap that day because of everything that was going on, and if we’re being honest, that conference was probably pretty boring. From what you can hear going on in the background while he’s drifting off into dreamland it does sound really drab.
But that didn’t stop people from ripping into him for falling asleep during this “crucially important” event.
Some of the top responses to the incident included:
- Former President Donald Trump: “Biden went to Europe saying Gl0bаl Wаrming is his highest priority, and then promptly fell asleep, for all the world to see, at the Conference itself. Nobody that has true enthusiasm and belief in a subject will ever fall asleep!”
- Rep. Mark Green (R-NC): “The face of the man who said climаte chаnge was the ‘number one issue’ facing humanity. 😴”
- Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire: “Gretа. Is. Disappointed. In. You.”
- Stephen Miller, political commentator: “Joe Biden… Wake up.”
- Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX): “NOBODY in their right mind believes this man is actually running our country. It’s so painfully obvious he’s not physically or mentally up for the job, that it’s EMBARRASSING. He needs to resign. America deserves better than this.”
- Piers Morgan, political commentator: “Jeez… not the best look when you’re trying to tell the word to wake up.”
- Tyler Zed, podcaster: “You guys… this is embarrassing… for God’s sake 25th him already.”
- Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA): “President Biden is literally asleep at the wheel while Americans face unprecedented crises on almost every front.”
- Tim Murtaugh, former Trump campaign spokesperson: “This is remarkable. His staff clearly saw that Biden had fallen asleep and sent someone in to wake him up. Watch the whole thing.”
- Kayleigh McEnany, former White House press secretary: “An unfortunate metaphor for the Biden presidency 😴 😴 😴”